When wandering off into another planet today in my night class I thought about a few of the things that make me purely happy- nope, gonna rephrase that… I thought about a few of the things that make me feel purely better. Here’s a compiled list of just a few things I try to do every day to better myself. You should do all of these too! I mean lets be honest; what else are you doing that’s so important?!
- Clean your room & make your bed- having a clean room and a made bed makes me feel like I’m on top of the world.
- Make a to-do list- I love to-do lists… they keep me motivated and productive (or at least allow me to tell myself that). Starting the day off with a plan of action makes everything go along much smoother and results in a way more eventful day. Even though most of the time I don’t complete half the tasks I wrote down … it’s the thought that counts anyway right?
- Do something nice for someone else- It’s easy to be nice to someone when you can benefit; but how about knocking this one off the list with no benefits at all? I love knowing that I improved someone else’s day. Buy the person in the car behind you coffee, hold the door open for someone, or help someone carry their groceries to their car.
- Read something- who doesn’t love a nice read!? Reading is relaxing and has a crazy amount of health benefits for the brain. Whether it be an article on Iggy Azalea’s depleting musical career or a novel written by Shakespeare; take a little time out of the day for yourself and read a for a bit.
- Put your phone away for a period of time- sometimes with all the social media and technology that’s active these days I actually want to throw my phone against the wall… after awhile I get tired of seeing Kim Kardashian’s butt all over my Instagram feed. Putting my phone on airplane mode for a period of time gives me the chance to live in the moment rather than on twitter.
- Eat some ice-cream- ice-cream makes everything better; always. Ben & Jerry’s is my go to brand, It’s actually on my bucket list to eat every flavor Ben & Jerry’s has on the market.
- Go for a walk- most people take the world’s beauty for granted. If you look outside and really concentrate on the nature that’s surrounding you you’ll be truly amazed. Now that I have to trek (what seems to be like 20 miles) to class each day, I have more time to focus on the beautiful nature that I am lucky enough to be surrounded by.
- Eat a taco- this one is pretty self-explanatory… need I say more?