Hey homies, happy Friday. Today I wanted to blog about something that has been sitting on my shoulder for the past couple of days. Not really sure if “sitting on my shoulder” is the correct phrase but we’re just gonna’ go with it, so bare with me. Anyways what I wanted to blog about today is passion.
My head is constantly on and off with the idea of blogging. When I miss a post (ahem, 2 days ago) I start to resent myself for starting a blog in the first place. The upkeep of a blog is time-consuming and at times, frustrating. Yesterday I spent some time (probably should have been doing homework, oops) trying to channel my creativity as well as my passion. This time led me to the conclusion that I actually LOVE blogging, like really really love it. Writing, and being a part of the blogging community is something I am truly passionate about.
What are you passionate about? What sets your soul on fire? Finding the answers to these two key questions is something that we all strive for. These answers are essential components to finding your passion, finding what lights up your heart and keeps you going. Seek a passion that you can find, not something that anyone else causes. Start the fire on your own and continue to keep it going inside your soul. Find a passion that leads you to create a life with constant happiness that warms you on the inside.
So how did I find that my passion is blogging? I spent some time with myself, I asked myself a bunch of questions. I then spent time analyzing my answers and thoughts to these questions. Ever since I opened up this little corner of the internet, I have been passionate about blogging. I knew blogging was my passion, it just took some time to re-realize this. I’m no professional, but I can almost promise you that after asking yourself these few questions you’ll be on the right path to find your passion:
1. What inspires you, what motivates you?
2. Is there anything that you’re really good at, almost like a hidden talent?
3. Is there anything that you always receive positive feedback on?
4. Are you doing something at this stage in your life that makes you happy?
5. If money wasn’t an issue, what is the one thing that you would jump to do?
6. Are there any dream careers that you have had since you were young?
7. Who is your role model, why do you look up to them?
8. If there was one thing you could be remembered for what would it be?
9. Think of the last time you enjoyed doing something so much that you lost track of time, what were you doing?
10. What is the one thing that you can’t see yourself getting tired of doing every day?
11. If you could never fail at something, what would you do?
12. Do you believe you have what it takes to follow your passion?
13. Is there something that is preventing you from following or finding you calling, what is it?
14. Is there something that doesn’t feel like work to you?
15. What do people tell you you’re exceptionally good at?
16. What sets you apart from everyone else, what makes you awesome?
17. Are you saying yes to opportunities and activities that you truly love?
18. Do you connect with people who share the same passion as you?
19. Do you spend a lot of time researching and reading about this passion?
20. What makes you stand out, are you working on mastering it?
21. Think about it…. what’s the worst that could happen if you actually started following and living through your passion?
The things that we are passionate about make us unique and different. Our passions can lead us to connect with others who share similar feelings, and can shape us as a person. Spend some time figuring out what it is that sets your soul on fire and follow it. Find whatever it is that makes you smile subconsciously and keeps you up at night and chase it.